- 3 cups Green Grams
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- 2 MAGGI Cube fortified
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or paste
- 1 tsp. grated ginger or paste
- 1 green chilli, chopped, (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp. red chili powder (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. Turmeric powder
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup water
- 2 tbsps. - Cooking oil
- 2 carrots, cubed & pre-boiled
- Few coriander leaves for garnish
- Wash and soak green grams for at least 4 hours. Over soaking will tend to separate the skin on its own while cooking. Therefore just 4 hours soaking is fine.
- Boil with just enough water and a pinch of salt until completely cooked ...If you press it with your fingers it should get mashed...
- Heat oil in a sauce pot and fry onions until light brown. Add ginger & garlic paste continue frying while stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and all the spice powders; cook until the tomatoes turn mushy
- Add the pre-boiled green grams and pre-boiled carrots. Crumble in MAGGI Cube Fortified. Add water to the level of the green grams and Stir well.
- Cover pot and simmer for 5 min. Taste & adjust the seasoning. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with hot with chapati or Rice.
- You can adjust the consistency of the gravy according to your preferences.