- 2 cups Butter beans (soaked overnight)
- 1 MAGGI Galinha
- 3 tbsps. Palm oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, pureed
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Drain and rinse soaked beans and transfer to a large pot. Cover beans with 4 inches water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until beans are tender but not bursting, about 1 hour.
- Heat palm oil in a sauce pot over medium heat. Add chopped onion and the garlic, fry stirring occasionally, until onion and garlic are tender but not browned, about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes puree and cook until mushy and thickens.
- Add boiled butter beans and crumble in MAGGI Galinha Adjust water to the level of the beans if necessary and stir well.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, about 10 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
That the beans should be quite saucy at serving time. The beans will continue to absorb liquid as they sit, so allow for this if preparing the beans in advance for later serving.