- 3 cups Red kidney beans
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- 3 MAGGI Cube fortified
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or paste
- 1 tsp. grated ginger or paste
- 1 green chilli, chopped, (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp. red chili powder (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. Turmeric powder
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup water
- 2 tbsps. - Cooking oil
- Few coriander leaves for garnish
- Wash and soak beans for at least 6 hours or preferably overnight.
- Pressure cook or boil on the stovetop with just enough water and a pinch of salt until completely cooked approximately an hour...If you press it with your fingers it should get mashed... you might need to add more water as they cook, so check every once in a while. Reserve the beans and the cooking liquid.
- Heat oil in a sauce pot and fry onions until light brown. Add ginger & garlic paste continue frying while stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and all the spice powders; cook until the tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add the pre-boiled red kidney beans. Crumble in MAGGI Cube Fortified. Add the cooking liquid and some water to the level of the beans and Stir well.
- Cover pot and simmer for 5 min. Taste & adjust the seasoning. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with hot with chapati or Rice.
Note - You can adjust the consistency of the gravy according to your preferences.