Ingredients for salad
- 2kg seedless watermelon, peeled
- 2 radishes, sliced thinly
- 100g crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsps. Caramelized balsamic dressing
- 1 bunch fresh chopped Mint leaves, to garnish
Ingredients for dressing
- 250ml balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. MAGGI Arome Liquid seasoning
- 3-6 tablespoons, caster sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons brown sugar
- Place all ingredients of the dressing in a small saucepan and heat on low/medium heat, until the sugar has dissolved. Turn the heat up to high until boiling and cook for 5-10 minutes until the mixture has thickened slightly(it should reduce by about half)
- Test it by placing a small amount on a cold spoon and see how the mixture thickens with cooking. It should start to become darker as it thickens and run on the spoon less easily.
- It will thicken further upon cooling.
- Meanwhile, Cut rind from the watermelon, and then slice the fruit into thin slices. Place slices in a colander to drain as your chop.
- Place watermelon and radish in a large salad bowl. Pour caramelized balsamic dressing and chopped mint over the watermelon and toss gently to coat.
- Pour the crumbled feta into the salad bowl and stir gently to integrate the cheese into the salad. Serve immediately.
Note: This salad is best made just prior to serving. Prepare one hour or less before your meal.