Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Baking Time: 30 minutes
- 1 packet of biscuits, crushed
- 100g butter, melted
- 250g creamed cottage cheese
- 1 can of Nestlé Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 can (440 g) crushed pineapple, drained (reserve juice)
- 10ml (2 tsp) grated lemon rind
- 60ml (¼ cup) lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 5ml (1 Tbsp) custard powder
- Whipped cream for decorating if desired
- Preheat oven to 150° C.
- Combine crushed biscuits and butter and press into the base of a 20cm springform pan.
- Blend cottage cheese and Nestlé Condensed Milk and mix well.
- Add half the pineapple to the mixture with the eggs, lemon rind and juice.
- Mix well.
- Pour into biscuit base and bake for 30 minutes. Switch off the oven and allow to cool in the oven.
- Chill in refrigerator.
- Place remaining pineapple and reserved juice in a small saucepan and whisk in the Custard Powder.
- Cook until mixture has thickened.
- Cool slightly and spread on top of cheesecake.
- Decorate with whipped cream if liked.