Milk Tart – Base
- 100g butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 8 eggs
- 1 can (397g) Nestlé Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 4 cups water
- ½ tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 5 dessert spoons butter
- To make base: cream butter and sugar well.
- Add beaten egg.
- Mix in flour and baking powder.
- Knead into a soft dough.
- Line a large, deep oblong casserole dish.
- Refrigerate while you make the filling.
- Beat eggs well. Beat in Nestlé Sweetened Condensed Milk.
- Add water, cardamom and vanilla essence, and beat well.
- Pour over base.
- Drop 5 dessert spoons of butter into filling.
- Bake at 180°C for 40-50 min.
If preferred, sprinkle with fine cinnamon in place of cardamom. Cool completely before cutting into squares.