Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 10 – 12 minutes
Makes: about 80
- 250g butter or margarine
- 190ml (¾ cup) sugar
- 5ml (1 tsp) vanilla essence
- 1 can (397g) Nestlé Condensed Milk
- 10ml baking powder
- 1 litre (4 cups) flour
- Preheat oven to 180° C.
- Cream butter and sugar very well.
- Add vanilla and beat in the condensed Milk.
- Add baking powder and sifted flour gradually; if the dough is very stiff, do not add all the flour.
- Roll into balls the size of a walnut, place on a baking tray and flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 10 –12 minutes until light golden.
Add 100g chopped cherries and 50g chopped nuts to the basic dough for Chunky Cherry Cookies.