By Joseph Onchwati, Development Chef, Nestlé Equatorial Africa
Qty : 5 pcs
- 4g Instant dry yeast
- 100ml lukewarm
- 15g or 2 tablespoons, NIDO Full cream Milk Powder
- 150g Flour sifted
- 14g Unsalted butter - soft
- 1 Egg-yolk
- 1 pinch Salt if using unsalted butter
- 14g Sugar granulated
- ¼ tsp Lemon zest finely grated
- Dissolve NIDO Full cream powder in a bowl, with lukewarm water
- Sift the flour on your work table and form a well (or a bay)
- Place all other ingredients in the middle of the well and knead into dough.
- Cover it with a damp towel and place at a warm place to rise to double.
- Knock down to size and divide to pieces of 50g of your choice.
- Place the rolled pieces on a dusted tray, cover with cling foil and place them at a warm place to rise to double.
- Deep fat fry at 180 degrees centigrade.
- When cool, you have several options
- Serve plain
- You a sieve to dust the with icing sugar
- Dip the doughnuts in melted chocolate
- pipe in ( stuff ) with red plum jam, dust with icing sugar or if stuffed with chocolate dip in melted chocolate and serve
NB: The secret of successful bread is hard kneading