1) 200g Flour sifted
2) 2g Instant dry yeast
3) 4g Salt
4) Half egg
5) 20g Sugar granulated
6) 1 pinch Cardamom powder
7) 20g Butter
8) quarter tea spoon lemon zest soft
9) 100mls. luke warm milk
10) 100g Pastry margarine soft
- Sift the flour on your work table and make a well (or bay). Put all remaining ingredients except the pastry
margarine for “rolling in" and knead into a dough.
- Cover the dough and place at a warm place to rise to double for 20 min. Punch the dough down and roll into a rectangular shape about half a centimeter thick, Add the pastry margarine for “rolling in" and give the dough three single turns with an interval of about 20 min. between each turn.
- Finally, roll out again and divide the dough into the various pieces and shapes as required (various fillings are used).
- Then place the pastries onto the baking sheets, allow to rise, brush with egg-wash and bake in a preheated oven ( about 220C ).
- When baked and whilst still hot, brush over with hot apricot puree and glaze with a white sugar icing.
NB: Danish Pastries Fillings:-
- Custard cream with Sultanas
- Almond paste